Hello everyone, welcome to my new weblog! I had some ‘issues’ with my webhoster in NZ so I will use this as my online diary for a few months and then will upload the rest of my website later (when I get back from my 2 months backpacking). So… why am I writing a blog I hear some ask (esp those who aren’t updated on the latest gossip or who don’t actually know me!). WELL – I have finally quit my job and am embarking on my 3rd OE… the key difference is this time I don’t plan on working unless I have to!So far the plan is:
- a week bumming around in Bangkok (nearly done)
- 2 months traveling around Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos with my friend Megan. We will also see a little bit of Thailand as we are using Bangkok as our base (my dad lives here)
- 1 month bumming around/learning Thai in Bangkok after Megan goes home
- 3 months Volunteering in North Eastern Thailand (teaching English)
- Catching up with a few friends who are going to visit me in Thailand (Aimee and Jono at the end of Oct, Albert for 2 weeks over Christmas/New Years)
- This is where the plan peters out… I think I will be broke so I might need to look for work (bummer). Maybe I will get a job in Thailand or I could teach English in South Korea… who knows!
So, that’s what this website is for… to keep a record of my trip and to keep in touch with friends and family. I hope you enjoy it!