A quick update as we are about to catch the train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. Obviously seeing as our last post was just after Vang Vieng (Laos) we have a bit of blogging to catch up on! We will do that when we get some time in Bangkok. 🙂
A quick run down though:
– after a couple of days in bed and some antibiotics I am 100% healthy! Yay – that was a nasty tummy bug.
– seeing as I wasted a few days in Luang Prabang (Northern Laos) being sick we decided to flag the 3 day overland trip to Chiang Mai (2 days by boat, 1 day by mini-van) and instead we flew to Chiang Mai which only took 1 hour.
– we did lots of cool stuff in Luang Prabang and Chiang Mai. Highlights include: elephant trekking, waterfall climbing, Thai cooking class, night markets, day markets, visiting hill tribe people and going to a snake show.
– Megan leaves for New Zealand in 4 days!!!! I am most upset that she has to go, I considered hiding her passport but I don’t think her boss would be too impressed.
– I got some information about my volunteering stint that starts at the beginning of November. I will be teaching in a countryside village, Amphur BuaYai in Korat province. I am yet to find it on a map, I know its in North Eastern Thailand though!
– The Service Design Travel Companions are doing well. They have had plenty of ‘fresh air’ outside the pack and I have photos to prove that they also have had some fun on this trip. They have met some interesting people over the last couple of months…. I promise to post photos soon.
Ok – better go as I don’t really want to miss the train. Missing everyone lots and lots. Hugs and kisses from THAILAND!